This is a look I created while I was playing with my 88 palette from Coastal Scents. I went for the blues shades to come up with a look I wouldn’t normally wear. I went pretty full out, using bright, vibrant blues. I think most people would normally shy away from this colour, it’s a really fun look if you use it in the right way.
I know some would disagree, but I think for the right occasion this is a very wearable look. I kept the shadow only on the top lid and under the crease, so the blue doesn’t look like it’s taking over. You could add some blue to the lower lash line, black winged liner and false lashes for a more retro look. Don’t be afraid of looking like Mimi!
The Look: Electric blue ombré eyes with a pop of shimmer in the centre. I used matte eyeshadows so the gradation of colour would be more visible. I used blue eyeliner instead of black so the focus is on the blues. A hint of berry blush and slight matte bronzer contour on the cheeks. I used a sheer peach lipstick and lipgloss to counter the coolness of the eyes.
Good for: This would be fun for a night out to a club or party. You could also add some more colours and wear this as themed makeup for a sports team or something. (I could probably rock this at a Blue Jays game!)
Coastal Scents 88 Color Eye Shadow Palette
Smashbox Eye Illusion Palette (blue side)
Tarte Eyeshadow in Matte Pebble (from neutralEYES volume II palette)
Sephora Nano Eyeliner in 16 Azure
NYC Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil in 935 Moody Blue
Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original
Bourjois Volumizer Mascara
bareMinerals Brow Color in Dark Blonde
FACE & LIPS
Benefit The Porefessional Primer
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Foundation in 150 Classic Ivory
Estée Lauder Double Wear Concealer in 02 Light Medium
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Finishing Powder
Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in 075 Peach
Revlon Colorburst Lip Gloss in 022 Sunset Peach
Ok here’s how to create the look:
1. Draw a blue eyeliner on the outer and inner corners of the eye, staying under the crease. Blend edges.
2. Place a matte, medium-dark bright blue over eyeliner, blend edges.
3. Take a lighter matte blue eyeshadow and blend the first shade toward the centre of the lid.
4. Clean the centre of your lid with a Q-tip. Wet your brush and pat a light shimmery blue in the centre of the lid.
5. Go back and re-apply colours that have faded, always staying under the crease. Blend a matte taupe to the crease to add depth.
6. Draw a dark blue eyeliner (NYC Moody Blue) on the upper water line and highlight brow bone with a matte cream eyeshadow (MAC Blanc Type).
7. Add the shimmery blue shade to the tear duct area. Curl lashes and apply mascara on upper and lower lashes.
Done! You can re-create this look with absolutely any colour! What colour would you try it with?