Hello everyone! Please forgive my absence for the past little while, school just started up again and it’s been pretty hectic. I decided to post this look because it’s pretty simple and something I wear often, especially during the fall. I didn’t mean to use all Tarte eyeshadows, all my greys and silvers just seem to be by them.
A lot of the colours I used are from the Tarte for True Blood palette; which doesn’t seem to be on sale on their website anymore but is available on Amazon. I love this palette, it has amazing fall colours and a good assortment of mattes, shimmers and glitters.
The Look: A soft matte grey smokey eye with strong silver glitter on inner lower lash line. I like this look because it’s versatile; skip the underneath-the-eye steps for a sophisticated office look and add the glitter later when you’re going out. It doesn’t have to be silver; any colour glitter would look great. A slight bronzer contour and a light pink matte blush on the cheeks complements the dark eyes and a neutral pink glossy lip completes the look.
Good for: This look can be adapted for day or night, office or night-out. That’s why I love grey!
MAC Brun Eyeshadow (to fill in eyebrows)
Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadow in tough as Taupe
Tarte Eyeshadow in Matte Pebble (from neutralEYES volume II palette)
Tarte Eyeshadow in Buttercream (from neutralEYES volume II palette)
Tarte Eyeshadow in Matte Soft Beige (from neutralEYES volume II palette)
Tarte Eyeshadow in Stake (from True Blood palette)
Tarte Eyeshadow in The True Death (from True Blood palette)
Tarte Eyeshadow in The Light (from True Blood palette)
Annabelle Kohl Eyeliner in 156 Rhône
NYC Waterproof Eyeliner in 931 Black
L’Oreal Carbon Black Lineur Intense
Wet n Wild Coloricon Shimmer Eye Pencil in 155 Silver
Clinique High Impact Curling Mascara in 01 Black
FACE & LIPS
Elizabeth Arden Skin Basics Velva Moisture Film (as base)
Rimmel Clean Finish Matte Foundation in 130 True Ivory
Maybelline 24 Hour Super Stay Foundation in Classic Beige (foundations mixed)
Clinique Airbrush Concealer in 02 Medium
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Finishing Powder
NARS Bronzer in Laguna
NYX Blush in PB06 Peach
Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in 070 Airy Fairy
Hard Candy Plumping Serum Lip Gloss in 154 All American Girl
This is how I created the look
1. Apply a grey/taupe eyeshadow base (Maybelline Tough as Taupe) with your finger; gently rub around they edges to blend.
2. Add a light grey eyeshadow (Tarte Matte Pebble) over the base, blend edges out.
3. Add a dark matte grey shadow (Tarte Stake) to the outer 1/3 of the eye and blend inward. Blend again with the brush you used to apply the light grey for a seamless transition of colour.
4. Draw a slate grey eyeliner (Annabelle Rhône) to the outer 1/3 of the upper and lower lash line and blend. Blend the shadow on the outer eye so it’s rounded, not angled.
5. Blend a small amount of matte peach eyeshadow (Tarte Matte Buttercream) in the crease.
6. Draw a silver eyeliner (Wet n Wild Coloricon Silver) to the inner 1/3 of the lower lash line and blend it out.
7. Pack a glittery silver eyeshadow (Tarte The True Death) on top of the eyeliner you blended.
8. Draw a small amount of black liquid liner to the upper 1/3 of the upper lash line, don’t angle it. Tight line underneath the upper lashes with a black eyeliner.
9. Tight line bottom lash line with the grey eyeliner and add your highlight and mascara (I used Tarte The Light for the brow bone and Matte Beige for the inner tear duct).
Done! Would you wear this during the day, or out at night?