So last week the lovely Katie from beautygeekblog nominated me for the Liebster Award! It’s my first award and I’m so happy; the fact that people actually like and return to my blog is mindboggling to me. I started this just for fun and could only dream of having followers. Almost three months later, I have over 1,000 hits and 33 followers! Thank you everyone!
1. Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves.
2. They must also answer the 11 questions the ‘tagger’ has set for them.
3. They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers they have decided to tag.
4. They must then choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers and tag them in their post.
5. These lucky bloggers must then be told.
6. There are no tag backs.
1. All of my footwear is black, brown or nude and I can’t seem to remember this fact whenever I go shoe shopping.
2. They put in a Marshall’s in my area this year and I’ve become addicted. I go back at least twice a week because they’re always getting new and amazing things for such low prices.
3. I’ve spoken French since I was four. No one else in my immediate family knows any French, but they decided to put me in French immersion in kindergarten. I follow as many blogs as I can in French because I’m afraid I’ll forget it.
4. I’m obsessed with sour Maynards candy
5. I really can’t stand chick flicks. Give me The Godfather over The Notebook any day.
6. I had been pondering starting a blog for about a year before I created this blog and probably wouldn’t have done it if it weren’t for my boyfriend encouraging me. I am SO glad he did!
7. I used to have a pixie cut and surprisingly loved it. Easiest haircut I’ve ever had, maintenance –wise. I think anyone considering going short but is too afraid to should just do it. You’ll never know unless you try, and it always grows back. Hair is an accessory, not a body part.
8. I’m a huge fan of old Hollywood movies, anything from the 40’s to the 60’s because they truly do not make movies like that anymore. Watching how people walked and talked (and dressed!) back kinda feels like seeing people from another planet.
9. I can’t resist a true peach lipstick or blush.
10. I’m desperate to learn how to layer clothing. When it’s done right it looks so chic, but I just look like a homeless person wearing all the clothing I own.
11. I love true crime novels.
1. What is your favorite brand of nail polish?
If I had to pick one, I would choose Color Club. I probably have 50 of their polishes because the colours are amazing, they’re reasonably priced and you get seven in a pack!
2. What is your favorite game to play?
After getting bored of Temple Run, I got super addicted to Rat on a Snowboard.
3. What is your best childhood memory?
Coming to my grandmother’s house and getting to play at her makeup vanity with all her Clinique products. The smell of Clinique foundation will always remind me of her.
4. Soft mattress or firm?
Somewhere in between, but with a pillow top. I can’t sleep without mine.
5. Favorite Disney movie & why?
Will always be Beauty and the Beast. The songs are awesome, and Belle has the best dress of all the Disney Princesses.
6. Favorite Pokemon (or cartoon character)?
Since I don’t know any Pokemon, I’m gonna go with Roger the Alien from American Dad. I like it better than Family Guy and Roger just makes the show.
7. Preferred music genre?
I really don’t think I can pick one genre; I like a little bit of everything.
8. Do you like musicals?
I ADORE musicals. I saw Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat with Donny Osmond when I was four and been hooked ever since.
9. Beach or Theme Park?
Definitely the beach. After a going to emergency with a theme park related injury when I was 14, I generally avoid rides.
10. What is your favorite hobby/past-time?
If online shopping doesn’t count, I would have to go with baking.
11. What do you wish you did more of/had more time for?
When I was younger I would buy beads and kits to make jewelry with. It’s a lot of fun and so much cheaper than buying stuff from Forever 21, which is already inexpensive. But if you’re not following someone else’s design, it can be pretty time consuming.
My Questions to YOU:
1. What’s your favourite book?
2. Is there any beauty product (like coloured eyeshadow, red lipstick) that you’re afraid of?
3. What is your favourite movie of all-time?
4. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
5. Favourite YouTuber or blogger? (beauty or other)
6. Big city lady or a small town gal?
7. A place you would love to travel to and why?
8. Did you start your blog for fun or as a way to make a career in the beauty industry?
9. What is your dream job?
10. Is there a fashion or beauty trend you can’t stand?
11. If you could only pick one to wear for the rest of your life… mascara or foundation?